The Stand-Up-Paddle Board Charity where ALL proceeds go to animals!
Salty Dog Paddle is a 100% volunteer-based public charity with headquarters in Palm Beach County, FL that passes along all of the donations we receive to the animal rescues and marinelife organizations we support.
Is your pup ready to Hang-Twenty? Salty Dog Paddle’s stand-up paddleboarding SUP Service is mobile, so we have multiple drop-in sites with volunteers throughout the United States and even abroad including Amsterdam, Denmark, Germany, Australia, and South Africa. We will bring everything to you! No matter where you are located, we have an adventure awaiting you and your four-legged friend!
Private solo and group tours are available any day or time! And remember… your four-legged friends are always FREE!
Since Salty Dog is 100% volunteer-based, all of the money we receive from sponsors and donors goes into a medical grant fund. That fund is then distributed for the emergency veterinary care and treatment of animals in distress at the neediest shelters and rescues that we support. (We are one of the only nonprofits in the USA where the Executive Director and Development Director receive $0 salaries, so all the money we receive goes to the animals we support).
Since the organization’s name was donated to us in 2015 from a large SUP excursion company with locations throughout the USA, we have received major national media attention. Supporters include Taylor Swift, Nicky Hilton Rothschild, James McCoy Taylor, Derek Peth, Georgina Blomberg, Colin Alive, Crystal Gail, Katie Hill, Colin “Alive” Thompson, Playboy Playmate Bree Leigh, Penelope Adams Model Management, and Wilhelmina Models. In the media, we have appeared on Animal Planet, National Geographic and The Bachelorette. Our apparel items are available at over 50 surf shops throughout the USA.
Define Salty Dog
- Salty Dog is nautical slang for an experienced sailor who has spent much of his life aboard a ship at sea. A salty dog is often given increased credibility by ship mates in matters pertaining to ship-board life and duties. Also known as an “Old salt.”
- a US Marine whose time he or she has served does not correspond with his or her rank. For example, a Corporal (E-4) whose camouflage utilities have a white tinge from being used for much longer than would be expected to achieve the rank of Cpl. The faded color of camouflage uniform is attributed to the sodium loss in the Marine’s sweat and that Marine is referred to as being “salty.” The colloquial nickname for US Marines is “Devil Dog.”
- a down-to-earth or course dog that has spent most of its life outdoors
- a senior dog with gray hair
- The original mascot for the US Marines, “Chesty I,” who is rumored to have been demoted due to an altercation with another dog.
Salty Dog Paddle
401 South County Road
PO Box 2943
Palm Beach, FL 33480-2943
Phone: (561) 777-5999
A copy of Salty Dog Paddle’s Sales Tax Exemption can be obtained by calling 800-352-3671.
A copy of the IRS 501(c)(3) Exemption can be obtained by calling 800-829-4933.
A copy of the Florida DCS Registration can be obtained by calling 800-HELP-FLA.
DCS Registration #: DTN2918769
Salty Dog Paddle is a Disabled Veteran-Run Organization.